View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 12:06 AM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Thank you everyone for the kind replies. I've given some thoughts about 750d and i think i'm gonna drop it and go for 700d instead. But right now, I got stuck between nikon 3300d and 700d (i'll be buying one of these 2, hopefully ).

This may sounds silly, but i'm totally beginner for astrophotography. So I may only use this dslr for milky way and gonna try to use for my dobsonian 8" scope (i know it's hard but i wanna give a go) like nebulas and star clusters. So will either these 2 dslrs can fulfill my intention for this basic astrophotography?

PS: I don't know why i'm so attracted to nikon d3300 (maybe bcoz of cheaper price?hahaha) but since i want to have dslr for a long time use, I have to think carefully before buying it.May i know why canon is highly recommended for astrophotography?

PS: Is sony alpha 5000 a good choice for night/telescope use?
In all honesty you will hardly see w difference between the two. However the Nikon is 24mp which means smaller pixels like the 750d etc vs 700d. Bigger pixels are better for asto work (well depth and sensitivity). I don't know about the Sony they have great chips these days. I'd probably go second hand 1100 or 550 or 600 or 650 if it were me. After stacking etc these variations disappear ...