View Single Post
Old 20-01-2008, 03:59 PM
coldspace

Hi Astrojunk,

When I get the camera and the clouds go I will have a play and post a review. If you go to the cloudy nights site and then the video astronomy forum you will see and here about the success people are having with these units overseas particulary with the big dobs. 16 inch and up. As always aperature still rules the roost even with these types of cameras. Imagine the colour views you would be having using the 20inch and this unit. The camera looks like it is getting an upgrade more suited to dobs with the focusing issues. What I like is it is totally upgradable as improvements are made. Can't wait to get it and have a play with 12 inch 200R in southern light polluted suburbs. From what I have seen from a guy using it on 14 inch the image of M42 with only 2 sec intergration was spectacular down in light polluted Gold-coast, using 7 sec intergration and the image nearly became too bright. The stellacam sony colour chip previously only had a Lux rating of 0.02 but this system with hyper-circuitry and cooling on was 0.000000006 Lux so it seems to be very sensitive. Mallincam also has the cooled hyper B/W version which is 0.0000000002 lux, the advancements in tech. just keep getting better and better. Imagine 10 years time we might have colour digital 3D style images appearing on a monitor and we will have to wear those silly 3D glasses like at Dreamworld out in the field.

Matt