View Single Post
Old 18-07-2023, 06:29 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Paul I think folk get carried away ..I know I have but when you think about it these days we use relatively short exposures and can polar align in a matter of minutes...

My system has 30 bags of redimix and 20 long star pickets and 10 short ones most of which are Frankie piled well past the concrete blob..no form work as it ain't going anywhere...and the ground is not flash with no bed rock that I could find...I do think the chances of movement are slim in the short term..long term does it matter when we do short exposures these days and we can polar align before each session in ten minutes...I do think Frankie piling is the key ..just imagine trying to move a blob a concrete made up of 100 bags of concrete with four feet of star pickets bristling out of it say 80 to 100...I shudder to think when some poor devil tries to pull it all up at some distant point in the future..because I ended up with four set ups..two coming up in a single pier and two each with three piers to take tripods ( eq8 and EQ 5 each have the same set up) these all ended up joining up concrete wise underneath with so many star pickets Frankie piled ..just imagine it if you could turn that upside down and lay it in the paddock...probably 80 to 100 star pickets sticking up...

Further unless you get a mount that costs more than your car block movement will not be a worry.

Good luck..main thing is get it done.

Alex