View Single Post
Old 25-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Sharnbrook (Mike)

Well Guys, (and Gals)

I made a bad call this morning at 5.45 didn't I? I rung Troy (who just may have still been in the Land of Nod,) to say that it was very wet and misty out in the Western 'Burbs, and I didn't feel like crawling around in the wet at Roma St.

Troy was basically in agreement, and I then rung Dennis to relay the decision, but didn't have any other phone numbers of possible attendees.

Troy decided to go to Roma St anyway, and I suspect some of you other hardy souls also went along, and no doubt had a good time, as it stopped raining at 7am in my neck of the woods. The light would have been nice and even as well, though there may not have been too many bugs around.

I look forward to seeing any images later in the week-end, and I'm sorry to have missed it. Not to be entirely bereft of any shots, here is one taken yesterday of a revoltingly smelly fungus, (Aseroe rubra) that I came across in our garden. Hold your nose before opening!

Oh, also a very interesting Looper Caterpillar of the Geometridae family of moths, which is in full camo gear. It's about 15mm long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Aseroe rubra upload.jpg)
89.7 KB10 views
Click for full-size image (Lichen c'pillar.jpg)
62.9 KB10 views