View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Hey Paul,

I'm hesitant to point this out since you're having success and generally speaking it's best not to fix what isn't broken, but the star profile there looks a bit squared off at the top, which suggests to me that your longer exposure actually clipped that star which would have some impact on centroid calculations and thus guiding... not exactly sure how that would manifest in terms of corrections and/or reported RMS, but someone else more knowledgable than I am should be able to chime in there...

Cheers,
Lee
That's an interesting observation Lee. This is just MaximDL picking the guide star only. So it must be picking the star that is can guide on or the brightest star. I too wonder if that would have a significant effect on guiding. I suspect not give the diameter of the star, but perhaps it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Looking very good Paul. To be picky though those stars are still a bit elongated. I don't think that shows up in the final image though.
1x1 binning shows up even slight errors.

Greg.
That image of Carina is a few days old Greg. That is while I was playing with the AOX. The guide graph is all I was demonstrating in my latest post.

The image taken with the AOX does have slightly elongated stars. It seems to be caused by the AOX reacquiring the star and then no delay being applied to the exposure despite asking for one in the options menu. I am planning on asking Cyanogen why this is being caused. I have delay at 10 seconds but when I do that the AOX part of the software freezes. Weird stuff.