View Single Post
Old 28-08-2019, 02:51 PM
croweater (Richard)
Don't Panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Thanks for that information John.

Finding shells etc in rocks above sea level does not necessarily mean that the sea was higher ... the Earth moves around and things are pushed all about so forgive me if I do not accept your evidence as proof of anything at all really.

I expect we both know the arguments for and against Noahs flood I expect you believe in a super natural explanation that the flood was ...well what the story tells you...and I am at a stage where I am still reviewing evidence that supports the hypothesis that the various flood myths common to many cultures came from a comet impact causing a rapid sea level rise which we can call a natural but hopefully uncommon event.

For me I prefer natural over supernatural and I expect you are the opposite.

The evidence for the comet impact is not complete but if you look into what is presented so far the arguement is strong.

But the main thing to realise is land can move up and down relative to sea levels so perhaps rocks showing evidence they were once under the sea has no bearing upon sea levels world wide. I believe scientific evidence can be found to prove the correct view.

Thanks again irrespective of anything I sure would like to look at those rocks.

There is a place on the South coast with hundreds of fossils above the water line and that was fascinating.

Have a great day.

Alex
Shells and other sea fossils are found at the top of Himalayas. Things definately move around over the years. Cheers, Richard