View Single Post
Old 15-10-2010, 12:17 AM
AstroJunk (Jonathan)
Shadow Chaser

Astrophotography at NACAA 2012

As many of you may know, the National Australian Convention of Amateur Astronomers is ( http://www.nacaa.org.au/ ) to Brisbane in 2012, and I am chair of the Programme committee responsible for putting together an action packed itinerary over the traditional two day Easter event.
For many years, amateur astronomy has been dominated by various armchair and scientific endeavours and I myself very much enjoy making scientific contributions to the professional pool. However, there has been an explosion of astrophotographers in recent years, all producing outstanding work.
So in 2012 I am hoping to introduce to NACAA for the first time, a dedicated Astrophotography stream consisting of morning lectures (3x 30min and 1x 60min?) followed by afternoon break-out lab sessions running over the two days. I recon that would give a good mix of theory and practical.
The thing is, I’m not an astrophotographer!
Before I lock in the format and appoint a section director to make it all happen, I would like to solicit your opinions.
What do you think about such an event, who/what would you like to see, would you like to present, would you come out to play, will it ever stop raining…