View Single Post
Old 23-03-2014, 06:15 AM
PRejto (Peter)

Pete,

It does not make sense to say the drift is consistent with any pointing direction. You may see drift wherever you point but I would put $ on the fact that it cannot be the same amount of drift. Think of it this way. If you were pointing directly at a star on the pole you would measure no drift no matter what speed you turned in RA. But, as you moved away from the pole you would start to see drift that changes as the cosine of the declination. At DEC=0 you would observe maximum drift. This is precisely why PEC measurements are done at DEC=0. Some software, like PEMpro by default - can be turned off - will compensate for this by increasing the measured movement as you get closer to the pole. I don't know for sure if TSX does this in the guiding software. Anybody know for sure?

Anyway, I hope your exercise in changing the worm shows something but I think it won't (sorry). I also asked on SB site: Did you put in the correct Lat Lon and elevation for Coona. Could you possibly have left Sydney settings?

Peter

Last edited by PRejto; 23-03-2014 at 10:05 AM.