View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Meru (Michael)
More stars please!

Question Balancing scope life and real life

Hello forum!

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I figured since it's about imaging it'll go here. So mods, happy to move if required I have a question to ask all other imagers. How do you manage to balance scope life and real life? Namely, working and then imaging. I struggle to get a good nights sleep and after a long day's work, last thing on my mind is setting up and then packing up in the morning This is further amplified by the fact that my work place is a 1.5hr drive away, and I leave home at 6.30am to avoid bulk of melbourne's traffic! As a result I usually image on Friday or Saturday nights (Sometimes at the expense of missing social gatherings ).

To combat this I'm getting a pier made up which will save me a lot of hassles setting up and packing down. It'll hopefully mean I'm not restricted to imaging on the weekends and can also automate things so I can sleep whilst its running. But sometimes I cant help but feel the amount of effort and money and input required is far too much for the occasional image When I wasn't work then I totally loved it, but now I'm finding it more and more difficult to justify all this.

So how do others feel about this? Or go about solving it? Surely I'm not the only one who has these thoughts