Thread: Phd2
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 01:57 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

You have produced a very good reference for people starting out IMO.

Could I suggest a couple of changes though? An addition and a change actually. The tickbox for reverse dec output after meridian flip is a good one to mention, and there is an assistant in PHD2 that you can run to determine if you need it ticked or cleared. (Meridian flip assistant I think it is called, I am at work so I cant look now)

The other thing would be a change to the suggested min move settings. They are guide image scale dependant, for instance where your starting point is 0.2'ish pixels, mine is half that as I am using the very short focal length guider with relatively large pixels in the CEM70G. My guide scale is about 6.4 arcsec per pixel. My minimum move relates to about one third of the image scale per pixel of the main camera. I could never work out why those input boxes do not flip over to arc seconds instead of pixels when you change the display in the settings as you really need to know your guider image scale for them to make much sense.

Perhaps rather than suggesting a specific setting for the min moves, I would suggest recommending running the guiding assistant and using the min move settings it provides.