View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 05:22 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Making love on the beach...

This is Corona Australis from Corona Central, stage 4 lockdown - Melbourne.

Attempting the impossible - LRGB imaging from my Bortle 7 backyard in Lockdown Stage 4, Melbourne, Australia.

Like the beer, it's thin and not enough data/guts and bloody difficult to process out the LP gradients - that being said whilst nothing like Rodney & Ben's recent images and it's no prize winner, I'm reasonably happy with this under the circumstances! Good processing practice and it seems that I've also tamed the faithful Tak NJP mount to track within .5 arc/sec now

The star-forming region around NGC 6726 in the southern constellation of Corona Australis (Southern Crown) about 400 – 500 light years distant is a complex association of dust, beautiful blue reflection nebula and unusual objects referred to as Herbig-Haro (HH) objects.

NGC 6726/6727 and IC 4812 are blue reflection nebulae, where bright stars are embedded in a large cloud of dust which reflects the blue light of the stars.

NGC 6729 is a butterfly-shaped emission/reflection object that is a variable nebula, powered by the irregular variable star, R Coronae Australis (R CrA). R CrA was discovered about 100 years ago. HH objects are shown as delicate, small arcs of glowing gas. They originate as energetic outflows from embryonic stars that are still forming and cloaked inside gas and dust. Bernes 157 is dark nebula that is so dense that stars inside the nebula and behind it cannot shine through. (Astrodon)

Last edited by RB; 18-09-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Profanity deleted - TOS