View Single Post
Old 26-11-2020, 11:48 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

7.5 amps is more than enough so it should be fine.

Don't be overwhelmed ..I can manage it.. I am 74 and pass for a cripple..the handle makes all the difference and just move slow and deliberate.

I will get one of those 240 to the cigarette lighter plug...although everything comes from a 12 volt battery I want a 240 volt system...I have my reasons.

Anyways $50 is a far better solution than $350 off grid power is really not that romantic..if you have grid be happy and use it..much cheaper in the long run.

There must be a 240 volt to 12 volt unit that you can plug straight in...I can understand their (Skywatcher) approach however as just picking up a 240 to 12 volt is not the answer if you don't ensure correct amps an the mount wants it's correct power.

Good luck...just get it going and enjoy it..I have had an eq6 since they first came out and very happy with my new one...pier mounted so I don't have to worry about carrying it...but in moving it about I was surprised how the handle made it much more managable..haven't pulled it down yet as it runs rather well.

Alex