View Single Post
Old 17-10-2018, 02:07 AM
dpastern (Dave Pastern)
PI cult member

LOL, waste of time. Sorry guys, but LP isn't going to get any better, or go away, unless we wipe each other out en masse and 99% of the human population disappears.

I can't practically see any stars to the South cos of 2 bloody big street lights...not shielded...for a 20m cul de sac...go figure. My complaint to my local council was rejected on the basis of "safety" for drivers and foot pedestrians...meanwhile, just around the corner, there's a stretch of the street for near 200m without lighting that is dangerous at night. Or, if you take the highway from Ipswich to Springfield...huge chunks of it without ANY lighting, despite minimal fencing and large amounts of wildlife presenting huge danger to cars travelling at speed...

I'm not going to hold my breath cos I'd like to live a bit longer.

I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic. 99% of the population think we're a bunch of weirdo perverts and couldn't give 2 hoots about our hobby, or nature. With the drop in science interest worsening from generation to generation, don't expect it to get any better.

edit: there's lucky to be 4-5 cars a day entering said cul de sac, all residents. Foot pedestrians even less. It's a yoke I tell you, a yoke!