View Single Post
Old 15-02-2020, 12:05 AM
DJT (David)

Hi AndyGet Astrodon LRGB and an Ha filter for the coming season then when the Oiii and Sii targets come up later in the year, pick up the rest then when you have wheedled more funds from the CFO...

The reasoning here is that when june/July comes around, most of the widefield targets will be heavy on the Ha around Sagittarius but the good NB targets in SMC and LMC and around that general area won’t come round till the last quarter of the year (when you are bound to be in smoke)

I can’t image you doing PNs with an FOV of that size..

I image within 10k of Sydney and for the sort of targets you will end up on with the CCD you can still do RGB and blend In the Ha for the time being.

Shocked at Astrodons price hike from farpoint.. I bought a 2” set in 2013 for $675 and they are what, close to $1400??? US.

I now have 2 CCDs that work best on 2” filter sets but I have NB in Sydney on a 10” RC and LRGB at the dark site on an FSQ106n. Can’t afford another LRGB set just yet at least not until I get more solar credits back..

PS, order from OTP not Farpoint..they have a nasty habit of taking your money then telling you the stock is on back order...opt will have let you know before you commit the money..

Tsk..1st world problems but what a great win on the CCD!!