View Single Post
Old 23-05-2015, 05:31 AM
Astroman (Andrew Wall)
<><><><>

PHD2 and LX Modded Philips 900NC working together at last!

Hi all,

I thought I would share some of my settings for getting a Philips 900NC LX Modified, to work with PHD2.

For a long time I have tried to get them to work together, so I could pick out fainter stars. One of the many problems I had was, dropped frames. The image would flicker so much I always seemed to be chasing the stars. Every exposure 1-2sec had a different brightness. This was getting frustrating.

I thought I would fiddle with the settings and have come up with a quite a stable run now. Although I need to refine the settings for the mount to smooth out the graph a little more.

So without much more explanation, I have attached the settings I use. I am using a Parallel to Serial converter in line also, which enables me to use a USB/Serial converter, as I don't have a Parallel port on my computer. The exposures are triggered using Comm4 in my case. I also have to turn off driver enforcement at startup on Win7, otherwise the computer will not recognise the camera. I haven't found a work around for this yet, a bit of a pain.

Equipment: HEQ5Pro Mount, Philips 900NC (LX Modified), and Skywatcher Finderscope, modified as a guide scope.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (phd1.jpg)
120.4 KB18 views
Click for full-size image (phd2.jpg)
120.0 KB19 views
Click for full-size image (phd3.jpg)
109.1 KB11 views
Click for full-size image (phd4.jpg)
105.8 KB16 views
Click for full-size image (phd5.jpg)
129.4 KB15 views
Click for full-size image (phd6.jpg)