View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logieberra View Post
Paul, have you toyed with the idea of using direct guide of your paramounts via TheSkyX? Just wondering why Maxim. A case of, works well, ain't broke so don't fix it?
Just ever so briefly investigated this Logan, and as yet not used SkyX on the PME. I have been using the SkyX on the PMX and bug testing to get the whole thing sorted on the dome before transferring the SkyX to the roll off roof. In time though I will look at direct guide. For now I was just going with what I know works. Mind you on the PMX and dome I am only at the point of doing focusmax. PA is completed or very close to perfection and I don't intend just yet on doing any more modelling work to improve the pointing and PA. Maybe next full moon I will look at that, but focusmax was pointing well the other night with acquire star, however I discovered that the adapter I had made up between the focusor and the camera is in fact too long by 4mm. Since the atlas only has 10mm of travel; focus is around 2mm from totally in at present. Anyway that is entirely another story. I can once I get that sorted move onto direct guide if that will work with CCDAP5.