View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Gama

Lets get some facts in it shall we.
First, the warranty (Local) has expired a long time ago. But i am STILL taking Peters camera in as a "Local warranty", as i believe he is entitled to it considering his circumstances.
I have offered to send it back to the Factory to get fixed correctly, rather that muck about with it here like Peter said.
QHY has not declined, nor backed down from any issues.
I also found out the reason they never sent the front end of the cameras is because there are 3 different version of them. So which do they send and i get ?, only the factory can tell correctly.
The first QHY-8 Pro did have some issues with the odd person or two. Considering theres hundreds out there doesnt mean all users have this issue.
There is obviously an issue with Peters, and the fact that it was 2 years later, does make it awkward because of the extra versions and changes made. But, as i said, there is a fix, and it needs to go back to get looked at, and fixed properly.
As far as Rastas comments are concerned,

1, Doesnt own nor owned one.
2, can only read and of course add his engineering knowledge to his comments.
3, the same comments were made for the QHY-9 3 years ago, and we know what happened there.

The cameras do not continue, as you "Guess" to have moisture issues. You will be suprised, many moisture issues were caused by users opening up the camera, loosing the Argon, and not sealing it back correctly. The newer designed bodies and chambers like the QHY-8L, 10, 12 and the newer 8 Pro are very well made.
Simply taking the odd issue of the QHY forum doesnt justify your simplification of it.
I wonder how many posts there were on the Sbig when there 8300 dew issue hit them just like the QHY-9. Its hippocritical to splurt out your "Obvious" one sided look, and make no point that Sbig had to redesign it with a similar heated window, and retrofit all the others.
Further, the the ST2000 and 4000 and the 1100x mdels also suffer from CCD moisture, but you obviously didnt know that. I could go on and on. But lets just say, there is more than one manufacturer that has similar issues.
Its because QHY make NO, and i stress NO action to remove negative comments. Go and try this with others forums from other manufacturers.
Again, you make arm chair assumptions as i do uphold my end, and freakin more of the bargain (Even at my cost and time).

Lastly,
The original post asked for "QHY 8 Pro Owners", not arm chair engineers.

Peter, i have made my request as to what to do.
I can do no more than what we discussed.
Your one of the odd case with internal fogging, and may even well be a hair line crack within the aluminium housing. But until its received and fully looked at, it will just be speculation.
As said, i dont have the fancy equipment to make vacuum measurements like the factory, so lets get it fixed.

Enough said.

Theo