View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Rastas

Must say that I'm surprised that Theo doesn't uphold his end of the bargain with a camera that is still under warrantee and with a fix that QHY himself has offered to other people. If the camera is still under warrantee then if the manufacturer has offered replacement parts to fix that problem then it's up to the dealer to do it and not the purchaser.
It's the history of Qhy that you have to look at. Their first camera was plagued with a plethora of drivers etc that drove owners nuts to load the correct ones and it was utter confusion until they got their act together. Then the QHY8 was basically lifted from Nikons that were cheap and a peltier cooling system attached. The qhy8 were having gross problems with icing up in the chip as well as the front face so they developed the heater and silica gel strips to get over that. But what good camera manufacturer would seal it with a rubber bung that must be removed to dry out the camera? The qhy8 also had a real problem with internal reflections off the IR filter such that you had to move it 30-40mm out from the front plate so that it did not become noticeable.
Most of these fixes were implemented by owners at their expense and time and finally the dealer/supplier did something about it.
This problem with moisture in the chamber continues to plaque QHY cameras and it's a manufacturing/dealer problem and not something that a purchaser should have to fix. It smacks of more like a cottage industry than a serious camera manufacturer to me. I've owned several cameras from different manufacturers and never had or seen the problems shown on the QHY site in relation to water in the system.