View Single Post
Old 19-11-2015, 10:32 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

I'll answer the posts soon, but I have some extra info. I took the cover off the RA worm so I could examine it more closely. I had read issues about the mount blocks for the worm - there are 2, one at each end and they're independent of each other.

I tried some adjustment of the blocks and I can see some improvement although I'm finding it hard to lock into place. I managed to get a peak to peak of 16 at one point, but as I write, I've locked it in place again and am back to 25-27 range. I find it a flawed design to be made in such a manner and can now understand why people replace it.

Anyway, with the adjustments though I can almost guide again - almost (RMS is a about 1.15 for RA). I haven't tried to plate solve again, but unless I can get a clear few second image without blurring, it'll be pointless.

So there's something significant here that I'll have to manipulate further. Unfortunately I can't think of a logical approach other than fiddle and test - with each test needing to take > 4 min for a worm revolution.