View Single Post
Old 28-03-2013, 05:44 PM
rogerg (Roger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmuhlack View Post
I take your point. It is of course an unrealistic scenario. I posed the hypothetical like that simply to try and tease out )in my own mind as much as anything) how these different properties would impact on data acquisition. This is firstly so that I might have some clue about how I can scale the equipment specs used for images that I see others post here to get vague ballpark equivalent capture details with my existing equipment. And second, that if I were to upgrade my camera and/or scope, what specs to focus on within a finite budget to optimise the performance:price relationship.
yeap, worth doing I just think you might have too many unrealistic fixed constraints to actually work through a scenario that will make sense This stuff does my head in sometimes.

Re your other comment about "stronger single" ... you're saying you have 1"/pixel in both setups and you have f/5 in both setups so I don't think you have a "stronger" signal in one or the other. Again, I think the scenario is unrealistic

I could be wrong.