View Single Post
Old 15-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Kunama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1963 View Post
The thing that must be remembered here is his scope is F5 and that will challenge all but the best eyepieces to perform well ,Looking at the scopes that are used with the Baader zoom are F7.5 and slower so it will perform well ,F5 is a different story and we must remember that this iis member is extending his arm for advice from people like us who have made lots of mistakes buying and selling eyepieces,The immersive views of the 13 Nagler is worth the price of admission for someone starting out and will be excellent up to F4 and better and you may ask why i have not still got mine they call it a 13 Ethos but i do not think he wants to spend $900 bucks at the moment.....
I think it would be important for Matthew to try before shelling out the $$$.
I had the Nagler 13T6, then sold it for the Ethos 13, but in the end that too went in favour of the Delos 14 which is going to be a keeper...
For me the Delos is the right AFoV, sharpness, eye relief .......

My advice to Matthew is to wait and consider how long he will be happy to use the little Heritage 130P as I have found that many inexperienced users often don't notice/value the change in eyepiece quality anywhere near as much as the change in aperture to something like an 8" F6 scope...