View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Chris,

Ignore the people questioning the authenticity of the image. You shouldn't have to re-iterate yourself or explain yourself or justify yourself.

Can it be faked? You bet it can. And, this is the problem.

The difference here is that you're a regular member of this forum, and, we know who you are; we know your interests; we have no reason to doubt you.

External viewers, whether they be on APODs forums, or other fora/site where the image has been published don't know you from a bar of soap. And, so, of course peeople are going to chime in and say the physics are all wrong and that the image is an impossibility. Not everyone has photographed through a long focal length instrument before and therefore doubt its authenticity.

There's a particular photography message board I'm on where I post my landscape images, and, while I was new there, I had a barrage of people claiming that my landscapes were HDR images (an insult) and in general, a lot of negative sentiment was being bandied about. People who don't photograph at those special times of the day don't realise that a photograph can resemble a painting. It's all to do with the light. Now that I'm not so new there, I've gained their trust and they take the images for what they are now.

So, all in all, don't be disheartened. We know you took the shot.

H