View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 11:14 PM
NorthernLight (Max)
Settled

System Integration Success

System integration success! Big THANKS to the ASCOM developers! And the developers of: Stellarium, Backyard EOS, Astrotortilla, Cygwin, PhD2, Stellarium Scope and Starwalk for iOS! Equatorial mount control via planetarium software is cool but fixing telescope pointing accuracy to <1arcsecond is advanced wizardry made possible by platesolving. I'm so happy, I could cry🙃. The whole system works so flawless, that it almost feels like cheating. The only things I want to automate now are focusing and exposure metering. Once that is nailed I probably don't have to be present anymore 😜- oh yeah, that's right, I also need to find some "Automator" to set everything up and wire it😉. I wish you could see me right now, reclining on my comfy chair, watching the stars move west and checking on my (subarcsecond) guiding graph - thanks Polemaster- while my exposures come in, framed by the shutter clicking of my trusty (and spectrum modded) EOS 450D. Needless to say that I'm having a Black Russian with it to help with arctic temperatures that cool the sensor so nice and noisefree. - you're still reading this? Jeez! What a nerd you are🤣

Clear Skies to all of you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_4880.jpg)
192.7 KB23 views