View Single Post
Old 13-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Garbz (Chris)

Weird PHD action

Well for the past year I've been battling some strange PHD results, and it's limiting my scope choice to a ED80 at the moment.

I've had these results since changing a few things: computer, remote access method, software, and windows upgrade. I'm ruling out hardware at this point because the problem has survived an entire hypertune on the mount too. While debugging I thought I'd ask you guys if you've seen anything of the sort. Now for a moment ignore the incredible amount of backlash in the dec axis, this I think is a hardware issue and I'll pull apart that axis on the weekend and see if I can't tighten it up.

Specifically has anyone experienced a perfectly happy dec tracking just suddenly take off for no reason. Look at the graph, it's perfectly flat and then shoots off into the positive for seemingly no reason.

I'm currently ruling out remote desktop being the source of the problem. Someone suggested they had similar issues with RDP and switching to Teamviewer resolved it, so that is my current line of thought. Failing that I may grab a different PC tomorrow and give it a run.

Thoughts? It almost looks like PHD is making corrections but it's taking a long time for those corrections to start feeding out to the mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Capture.JPG)
160.1 KB82 views