View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 PM
shelltree (Shelley)
Stargazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
Way to go Shell- what an awesome night it sounds like you had and what a fabulous, excitable obs report- I had this huge grin on my face as I was reading it , thank you for sharing your night. That 10mm XW sure is a dream isn't it *sigh*.

I've spent my last 3 sessions straight exploring Canis Major to the max, so when I get myself into action, I plan to pop up a report (most of it typed out already)- been ages for me too (doing a report here!). There's so many delights in CM and as I don't ever seem to hear much about that area, I decided to delve in there and take a look-see for myself!

I should be out there tonight, but it's 9.30pm and Russ has just left for an overseas trip for a midnight flight, so I donated precious astro time to him (yes, I'm an overly generous astro chick lol ). Contemplating now if I want to wait the hour for my scope to cool and set up... hmmm it's late... so I'll see. Hmmm just had a thought 4" might come out to play... It's always a fun time doing obs notes against that and a 10" . It's 9.30pm now, so I'll have dinner and see I go. Wonder how it stacks up with M104 against the 10"
It sure is a dream! When I first saw Centaurus A through it, I nearly cried! I think Jase thought I'd actually finally lost the plot

Oh yes, please do Suz! I love to read other people's views on observing, it always inspires me to get out there again

I've gotta say, I was really pumped afterwards and assured myself I'd go out again Saturday night and give it another crack but boy, I was tired. I even had a nap at about 3pm and was still sleepy! So I stayed in and watched a show, saying to myself "I'll be well rested Sunday so maybe Sunday night" and now it's cloudy

The 4" would be so much fun to use and a challenge too! And definitely a good comparison to the 10" I hope you got out there and had some fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattT View Post
Sounds like a good night out Shelly. There is something special about M104 and the XW 10....sigh is the only word really. I left some photons as I had a brief look on Thursday night with my XW 10. I love mine, and all the rest of em...see my siggy. It's mostly because of Suzy's long and very informative threads Have also joined the 10" reflector crowd (thanks Lars) and hope to have it up and running soon.
Matt
*sigh* is definitely a perfect explanation. That and giggling like a crazy person but maybe that's just the astro chick way That eyepiece is a beauty and I haven't even used it in fantastic conditions yet! I definitely have to thank Suz as well for making the decision to get the 10mm. Being the lovely, helpful astro chick she is, she invited me over to take a peak through her collection so I could decide for myself. Seeing Orion Neb and Jupiter through it made me almost cry with awe!

I definitely want more but alas, building a house this year so no new toys for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenc View Post
Well down Shelley. Paul and I saw lots of DSO last night to.
Cheers Glen! It was a bit of a fumble because I'm out of practise but great to get back out there! Glad you got to see a heap of sky goodies too, it was a great night for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroron View Post
Good report Shelley, here's hoping you get to add to your tally next weekend
Cheers
Thanks Ron I'm really hoping the weather holds up for next weekend, it's been far too long!