View Single Post
Old 22-12-2011, 07:01 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldee View Post
Pictures' worth a thousand words! My only question is in Pic 7, which shows the shadows on the corrector plate as not being symmetrical with the circles on the Hutech. Why is that, and does it even matter?
Yes - that's the offset of my baffle tube. It is very evident isn't it? If I had no problems the shadows would be concentric. Because I chose to tilt the primary square to the baffle it's slightly off the aperture. The secondary being spherical can be slightly offset and still aligned by tilt so it's co-axial with the primary but offset mechanically. The corrector tilt is not an issue as far as I can see. It's minimal.

I'll try this configuration first. If it doesn't work I'll center the corrector and the secondary mechanically then tilt the primary to match. This means I should have a slight shadow of the baffle tube. I'll see what works best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldee View Post
Seems like a really neat way to collimate a Hyperstar. Bored, I did my C8 and checked my (post Tak scope coll) RC today using an artificial star, they both seemed OK, but once I get the courage to rip the C8 to pieces and do the Aragnou mod, it looks like a Hutech would be justified. Can't say I see many used ones come up, so it looks like another big purchase next year. Sigh.

Anyway, congrats Marc, looks like it's all worked out well for you. Now if I can only find a good machine shop....
The kit has come down a lot. It's in the $300 ballpark now. It was well over $500 when I bought it. I think it's something you want to have if you play with CATs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (config_A.gif)
8.4 KB16 views
Click for full-size image (config_B.gif)
7.8 KB16 views

Last edited by multiweb; 22-12-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added shots