View Single Post
Old 30-09-2014, 02:39 PM
kosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimorris View Post
I use the 314L+ with 1.25" filters. It's a small chip and the 1.25" are perfectly fine. I am currently using the Atik electronic filter wheel, not the Orion, but regardless of the model of filter wheel, no problem at all with the 1.25" filters.

You'll be happy with the 314L+, it's a great little camera. I have enjoyed mine for a few years now.
Thanks Anna,
I have picked up the Orion Nautilus 7 position motorised wheel. Aside from the price difference, ( The Atik EFW is a couple hundred more expensive i think) but it also runs power from the USB which saved me using yet another power lead.
On the down side, I don't think Artemis capture likes playing with other makes… Nevermind, I'm looking into AstroArt v5 for the whole capture/process flow anyway if not nebulosity/phd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
Hi,

I think you just might want to read through these posts!

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=126274

http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/47...2#entry6225162

Whilst you are going to image with the ICX285 it is still a very sensitive chip in blue and you may see similar results to mine using the Sony 694 chip. I would strongly consider looking for a red filter that does not go down as far as 380 nm (the Baader). The Astrodons cut at 400 nm (better, but for me not nearly good enough). Even at 410 nm with a Hutech IDAS filter there is still blue fringing though it is much improved over the Baader without any help. Astronomiks is working on a filter set that will address this very issue with these sorts of cameras on a refractor. I'm sure you don't want to wait, but forewarned is forearmed. Good luck!

Peter
Thanks for the heads up Peter, I bought a set set of Astronomik type2 LRGB's in the 1.25' a few weeks ago now. I'm not sure if i'll have the same issue as you ( and others ) but I suppose when imaging with the frac it may be unavoidable so I am a bit concerned.
This shouldn't be an issue with the newt though right?