View Single Post
Old 25-04-2012, 03:57 PM
allan gould

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmitchell82 View Post
Ive never seen that before and I know that the QHY9M has a dual sealed chamber set up. The primary chamber is around the sensor itself is fully sealed, the secondary chamber isn't so sealed but like Marc said they provide 2 options, dry air nipple to circulate dry air though the secondary chamber and a desiccant plug. There is also a inbuilt heater.
Brendan
You state that the primary chamber of the QHY9 is full sealed - this is not correct as I managed to chase down the post from Theo when replying to the QHY9 problems mentioned by Ratas in their post. Even with a dual seal the primary leaks over time in the qhy9. See this thread http://qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?P...6&topic=2996.0
I just think the QHY cameras need better design in this area as it has been a continuing problem from day one as shown by a large number of posts and the need for dessicants either in the camera or air tight cases. I went to great lengths with my QHY8 to remove moisture etc and do the same with my qhy10.
I never had to bother with my Starlight Xpress camera or my SBig ST7 nor do I currently with my QSI583 camera as these are far better sealed cameras. If the qhy cameras were better sealed there would not be so many postings re dewing on the front glass or at the CCD chip surface. The other cameras I mentioned do have provision for moisture management but are not needed for quite some considerable period of time and you would be hard pressed to find a posting on dew management problems with these cameras.