View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:40 AM
gbeal

Doug,
yes to all, just try it.
I would think you will still need the flattener, but one frame will tell you. Or take a guess at one from the DSLR at the moment, guessing were the sensor edges will be with the 8300 or smaller chip.
Yes indeed, filters can be screwed on, and the only real downside is that to change them you need to remove the camera and this will introduce a possibility of rotation, or misalignment of the camera when you return it. Not a biggie, but............
In my case with an SX camera I have a set of extension tubes the right length to make the distance chip to MPCC, simple enough. Adding to this is in my case a Baader quick change fitting (to allow rotating the camera), and a filter drawer, to reduce the need for the CFW and eliminate the aforementioned rotation.
EF lens to CCD? Easy. Write to Peter Tan, he makes adaptors, metal ones, excellent, and the later ones have had filter threads within. Yes indeed, very much worth using a camera lens, more so with the 8300 chips as the pixels are smaller. I regularly use a Pentax 200mm.
Gary