View Single Post
Old 25-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Logieberra (Logan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
.... I had considered the Mach 1, it has virtually the same specs as the MyT with a lower capacity and a higher price tag... And it doesn't have the same full integration into TheSkyX Optcorp currently have a really nice discount on the AP1100 GTO which is tempting.
Hi Atmos. Might I suggest that you revisit your assumptions with the AP

I have not see the MyT up close, but they look small and wonderfully portable. Same with the Mach1, but the motors on those are real beefy (in a good way!) From memory, the same motors as used on the 900/1100GTO mounts. That matters. AP are also VERY conservative with their load capacities... Don't write off the Mach1.

Also, re AP mount software integration in TSX, it is highly integrated. Who suggested otherwise? You can use the native TSX AP driver (even works on Mac) or the tried and tested ASCOM driver from AP. Either way - I'd hazard a guess that approx. 95% of SkyX functionality (well, the things that matter anyway) are available to AP guys. Image link. Protrack etc. To date, the functions I have not been able to use are the Polar Align wizzards. I'm sure they are wonderful, but I personally use Pempro. I also don't know if TSX PEC is available, but I won't go there (I'm a former MX owner). Again, I use Pempro for PEC.

I do love SB mounts, and will buy from them again, but the reliability of APs really is something special. I'm hoping Greg Bradley will weigh in here - as a long time Bisque user, now 1600GTO guy.