View Single Post
Old 23-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Thanks for the input everyone. There is a new DDM60 coming out in the coming months, would like to compare that against the 10 Micron GM1000 when it comes out. Both capability and price wise, not a lot has been announced with the new ASA mount yet.

For the time being I am thinking I will upgrade to a SX Trius-694 and AO-LF unit as a cheaper way of getting the most out of the EQ6, which other than small mechanical oscillations that cannot be guided out, actually performs quite well.
I have been wanting to move to the 694 sensor anyway, I have found myself doing narrowband more so than broadband, the KAF-8300 just has a high read noise in comparison which makes it impossible to get even close to sky limited.

The AO unit will be able to "guide out" all those tiny EQ6 mechanical errors and should make it a lot easier to get nice round stars I'll revisit a new mount later on this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningNZ View Post
Just wondering why there's no love for Astrophysics here? I got watch someone setting up their AP1200 recently and it looked incredible. Nothing cheap about them though.
Cheers,
Cam
I had considered the Mach 1, it has virtually the same specs as the MyT with a lower capacity and a higher price tag... And it doesn't have the same full integration into TheSkyX Optcorp currently have a really nice discount on the AP1100 GTO which is tempting.