View Single Post
Old 28-07-2014, 12:22 AM
glend (Glen)

PHD2 Guiding Drops Outs?

I am having some problems with PHD2 dropping out of guiding and don't really know why it happens. I was imaging M4 tonight and using Antares as a guide star (so it's a nice fat target). Guidescope is focused well and the stars are nice and round. PHD is calibrated, and when guiding the graph looks good to me, then without warning it just stops. It doesn't do it all the time. For example, I was shooting a string of 20 * 2 minute exposures (yeah I know not that long but I am working my way up). It guided fine for five subs and then it dropped out in the middle of the sixth (not that it matters to much because I saw it and started it again). It guided fine from there but dropped out twice more before the run was finished. I'd like to find out why as I would like it to work unattended.

Equipment is: NEQ6Pro mount, ZWO ASI130MM camera (with ST4 port) as the guide camera, image camera is a Canon 450D, scope is a GSO 8" Imaging Newt; guidescope is an Orion Mini 50mm.

PHD2's new release now handles ZWO cameras and it drives off the camera port just fine. I am thinking there might be something in the pHD2 settings or advanced setting that I need to tweak.

ANy ideas?