View Single Post
Old 22-10-2019, 02:50 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leee View Post
Great xelasnave-- Now I had to look up " Maxwell's equations" Worse, Try to understand them. (I love this Forum)
Your are welcome.
All you have to know is that there is something written about it...so you know what to look up if the subject comes up. Think of all those law books..few know them all but I had the privilege of working for a man who when I asked for help could say...go to such and such a book look on page xxx in paragraph yy and you will find that covers your problem...and 90 years old. He was a professor who when he retired thought studying law would be great to pass the time..qualified and spent up until a week before he passed in the office...I have never met a more impressive person...

I don't know if you have come across Karl Popper...but if not please take the time to read what he says..philosophy of science...for me it brought it all together. Wiki version will do it.
Have a nice day.
Alex

I must tell you a story...I was in the office with the great man sitting in as he explained a lease to a tenant attending with her 15 year old son. Clearly she was concerned about the sons future and after the great man had explained the lease...she asked
" but Mr H what will happen if I die?"
He looked at her over the top of his glasses and said most carmly and in all seriousness..
." Why they will bury you of course"
.(..and folk wonder how I can keep a straight face..many stories very similar where I would bite my pencil to stop bursting out laughing...)

She just said OH..he said "that will be $2-00 for my certificate.
Alex

Last edited by RB; 22-10-2019 at 03:11 PM.