View Single Post
Old 26-02-2017, 07:24 PM
kkara4 (Krishan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
It could be a very simple problem with an unbalanced fan blade or the blade striking something during rotation. However that should have been picked up in factory testing. Get is replaced under warranty. I can't comment on your other issue as the fan section is not anywhere near the sensor board and TEC circuit. Any of the capture software choices have configuration choice that can affect downloads, don't rush to judgement there yet. Just get it replaced and start from square one.

As a note for other ASI1600NM-C owners, i have noticed a buildup of dust on the blades of my fan and on the motor itself. This is not unusual i believe as all PC fans suffer from the same issue over time. I use my camera a lot, and it would now have over 100 running hours on it, so dust build up can be expected over time. It can be easily cleaned with a soft artist paint brush and a puffer bulb. If left it may produce out of balance vibration or reduced cooling effectiveness.
Certainly could Glen, it looks to be very simple by the way to remove the cover and unplug the fan for you to clean it. i am certainly not doing that when i can get it sorted under warranty though of course! but something you may want to try if yours is out of warranty. also there is zero sound, the blade is free to rotate 100%, nothing comes close to the blades. i also inspected them with a torch and cant see anything stuck to them, though of course i cant see the other side of the blades very well.

very true Glen, i am just frustrated a little and suspicious given it started out on the first night just fine. regarding capture choices, i have discussed with Dunk a little but i have only used firecapture thus far, and have yet to install SGP (i bought it a few days back). what do you use for image acquisition for deep sky for your ASI1600? if FC continues to give me issues when i get the new one im happy to give other things a try.