View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 10:43 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

While not determined to stay in the mud, I do have some nice gear, but my stroke several years ago has left me unable to use it. So I've had to stick to what I can do with what old stuff I've already got... money doent exist for me anymore.

So i shoot DSLR on tripod untracked. I do use PI because I'm comfortable with it. When you comprehend what all the parts of an AP rig give you then you can find ways to adapt and compensate. It takes me so much longer to do everything in life, i only eat twice a week usually because there's more important stuff to do. So when i get the time and chance to image its a joy, and i dont mind taking my time to process. I find it annoying how so many expect AP is about throwing money at stuff and maybe pressing a single button to get stunning images. Nope. Doesn't work that way. Money only helps the possibilities of what you can do, but YOU still need to comprehend (its in the dictionary people) what to do with it. So many people have gear I'm envious of because they rich and their images are frankly garbage, clearly showing they haven't been willing to listen and learn. You can AP with any camera you have at hand, no matter how old, there may be some restrictions as a result but you can compensate when you comprehend. Anyone telling you that you NEED X, Y & Z is wrong. X, Y & Z may be nice and may solve many restrictions but if you learn and are patient you can do without them.