View Single Post
Old 14-03-2019, 09:11 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukastronomer View Post
What is wrong with unguided and JPEGs, as a professional sports photographer I never use anything else even for glossy mag entries to the Editor
Never did film so I can't comment on it but from hearing from mates who did it's a whole different skill set.
With digital there are many advantages shooting in RAWS. For a start the full dynamic range of the camera is used and it is also much easier to calibrate, stack and clean your data. Guiding will enable you to take long subs and increase your SNR. Unless you have a very good mount that can track for a long period of time, guiding is the quick answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukastronomer View Post
I think the biggest problem these days is that you are MADE to feel inferior if you don't produce images like Hubble on a forum, me, I am happy with single shot images, un stacked.
Well that may be how you feel but in the end you take pictures for yourself and get some satisfaction out of it. What others say makes you progress in the hobby by learning from other imagers so you should listen to constructive criticism if you want to improve. As far as what they "think" who cares, that's not relevant.