View Single Post
Old 21-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Kunama

Takahashi Bino-TSA-120 F7.5 Binoscope

I have always wanted a decent pair of binoculars and now seems like a good time to get this project off the ground....

Some of you might have noticed that I have been afflicted with Takitis for some time and though I have 'Beta tested' quite a few over the years, they have always been single units of varying specifications and types.....

Though I have some skills in the DIY arena I have decided that I want these binoculars to be something special and to that end have enlisted the help of friends here in Australia as well as Shanghai, China and Tottori City, Japan for the complex works. I will be undertaking the design and building of a suitable 'Fork' mount at a later date here in Canberra.

In the interim the binoculars will ride side-saddle on my SW AZ-EQ6GT mount.

The plan is quite simple really...... bolt two scopes into a cradle and install some diagonals into the back of them and put the whole lot on an 'L' bracket attached to the AZ-EQ6GT

Specs at a glance:
2 x TSA120 mm F7.5 @ 900mm triplet Super apochromats
EMS-ULS Silver Erecting Mirror System with 2" and 1.25" eyepiece holders
Range88-Studio 2047 Custom binoscope cradle
Range88-Studio 2047 M72x1.0 > 65mm Draw tube adapters
Takahashi TMT70300 Tripod (extension pier to made later)
Takahashi 7x50mm Finderscope
Lots of eyepiece pairs.... Take Abbe 32 & 18, LE 7.5 & 5, Panoptic 24.

I have started the collection of components by sourcing a pair of Takahashi TSA120 120mm F7.5 Super Apochromatic refractors

Phil has kindly parted with his beautiful Takahashi TSA120 and TMT70300 tripod which will be used to carry this project.

Mr Tatsuro Matsumoto of EMS-Matsumoto has very quickly made a pair of EMS-ULS Protected Silver coated mirror system visual backs which are on their way from Tottori City to Canberra at the moment...

With thanks to Range88 (of CN fame), Studio 2047 in Shanghai are making the required M72>65mm adapters and tube cradles and they will hopefully be on their way to Oz in the near future...

Pictorially not much to show yet other than the 2 Taks and the EMS-ULS before their flight from Japan..

More to come later
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (MIS_4830.jpg)
154.4 KB82 views
Click for full-size image (MIS_4831.jpg)
99.7 KB87 views
Click for full-size image (EMS-ULS2.jpg)
141.7 KB88 views

Last edited by Kunama; 22-11-2017 at 07:41 PM.