View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 09:47 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

In this case I have two issues. First up the camera I am currently using is too old to take and automatically apply a dark frame (Unless I have missed it in the menus) but as much as anything else, I am wanting as many frames as I can get to make the lapse smooth where using internally generated dark frames will more or less halve my frame rate (I have been inserting a pause between frames to help control sensor temperature)

It may yet be feasible though with shorter exposures, I just worked out that the camera keeps defaulting to F7.1 on startup and sometimes even changes if the lens is zoomed in and back out again, so I should be able to capture more detail at the same or shorter exposure time now that I have worked out that niggle. I just have to remember to check every time I touch the thing that it has remained at F3.5, it is not obvious unless you check out the image exif data afterwards as you have to check it specifically, the default display if you look through the finder is exposure time.