View Single Post
Old 14-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Exfso (Peter)

Thanks Greg, that list is rather comprehensive, should keep me busy. Only thing I really have to double check is that all the fixings are as tight as they should be. As I said before, I re positioned all the cables so no cable drag, cleaned the clutch pads, always have clutch tight enough so that there is not slippage. Checked guidescope focuser is tight too. As far as long subs go, when the stars go egg shaped can happen on shorter exposures, less than 5 mins as well as longer.
I am on a permanent pier setup. My finderscope is an ED80 and is clamped into position via fixed rings. I was using a Tak Guiding mount for adjustment, but this weighs around 6lbs on its own, and I thought this may have been partly to blame, but with it removed the problem still exists.
Seeing the moon is approaching full and the weather is crud, I may pull all the scopes off and check all fixings are tight etc. I doubt there would be any flexure in the Losmandy SBS saddle plate. I have always used this and it is only recently the problem has arisen.