View Single Post
Old 14-01-2021, 07:13 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
Nice and clean

If normal refractor + flattener guidance applies, try to adjust the L-R tilt as the stars indicate the sensor is too close to the flattener on the left, and slightly off on the right. You'll need to experiment to get it more uniform.

Oh and it always helps to guide...looks like there's some drift in the stars too, which will make it harder to see the optical deformities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
I’ve got the same ASI6200MM & it definitely nitpicks any flaws in your optical train. I’m guessing quite likely it’s tilt -,l at least with my 3 scopes...some better than the others.

Best run your images through CCDInspector to confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Definitely tilt and perhaps some spacing issue with the reducer.
Reducers are more fussy with regards to spacing than flatteners.
This hi res sensor will pick up more errors than other more forgiving sensors.

You should contact Joshua Bunn on this site and he can make you a custom adapter. I use him all the time, he's great and the main advantage for him over Precise Parts apart from he is cheaper is Ashley uses an auto adapter maker on his site and if you get it wrong too bad.

Josh really makes sure he understands what is needed before anything is made. He backs up his products.

Get a solid adapter made up as you are going nowhere until you have a solid square connection.

Then play with tilt. If you are able to insert shims to do the packing in your setup that will be easier than those 3 screw push pull systems which I have found difficult to use in the past.

By the way those images look terrific so its well worth the time and effort.

I am about to go through the same process but with a QHY600m. The QHY is known to be more precise with sensor levelling and there are several posts on Cloudy Nights complaining about ZWO poor levelling of sensors in the 6200. But its all correctable so don't fret.

Greg.
Thanks for your comments and tips everyone!

I managed to setup again (although it was all a rush PA, capture etc) and got improved stars in the same edges (but not perfect). When I screw the camera on to the adapter/telescope it nearly always ends up at the same rotation angle.

Greg thanks for the idea i had actually just contacted Josh just before you send that suggestion. I have a part coming my way, so we'll see how that goes

On another note I've had massive struggles with flats. My earlier attempts had severe brightening in the edges and my newer flats - which are way better but they still have concentric circle gradients hoping it shows on the rosette (Ha, 4x5mins) attachment - have pushed up the levels to try and make it obvious. (histogram 40% (doesn't seem to make much difference whether it is 18, 25, 30, 35, 40 45, 50% of the histogram.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (rosette-test-2.jpg)
198.8 KB25 views