View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:33 PM
Spartacus

Yep, the whole shebang.
Start here https://indilib.org/about/ekos/requirements.html
Remember that these open source projects are always a work in progress. However the journey is what matters eh?
I have had a sometimes frustrating , sometimes rewarding time getting to my current point which is. I set up. Polar align with Sharp cap as it is quicker. Turn on the local Ubuntu version of Kstars with EKOS/INDI using team viewer. Once that is started everything connects automatically. I then Shut down my laptop leaving the local version of EKOS/INDI running then go inside. Connect remotely through my home network and run the show from inside. I plan the night in advance using scheduler (a bit like SGP) and this will follow the pre-programmed instructions to go to the target, plate solve, focus, switch on guiding all automatically then once all this is in place starts taking the images as programmed. It can do automated meridian flips then plate solve, focus and guide and continue its sequence of imaging.
It is important that you really read and understand the instructions of how to set this all up. Use the simulators too and you can use logging to troubleshoot.
If you are not at all technically minded and do not relish a challenge don't even start. However if you do give it a go there are many people out there who can help on the INDI support forums.

Mike