View Single Post
Old 30-01-2017, 01:48 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Hi Gilles,

I did not flash the new firmware, I completely forgot about it. Well that is not quite right, I did some tests with it initially and then I flashed back version 1 and forgot about it.

A question, which firmware did you use? The latest firmware called cam86 prob3.hex did not work for me, its uncompressed size (18kB) is much smaller than the earlier firmwares which were about 75kB. I downloaded it several times and it was always the same.

My Beaglebone Black (BBB) setup is similar to yours, running headless. Kstars runs on my PC (debian). The lines that I was getting was all on my PC, I did not test the BBB recently but after you mentioned the firmware I will need to test with the new firmware.

Also I did more work on the synchronous/streaming data transfer and gave up on it. It will never work with our current hardware. The high speed transfer is clocked at 60MHz which our ATMega cannot do. Also the wiring for the control of synchronous transfer is not connected (pin27 TXE#) so we are out of luck. It is a dead end unless we change the hardware.

Great find of your RPi collection . I have quite a few as well, 2x RPi B (unused), 2x 2B and 2x 3B but the last 4 are all used. I can always take one down for testing but I thought I will try with a BBB first as it was unused and faster than the original RPi B.

Luka