View Single Post
Old 28-07-2016, 10:36 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Hi Luka...I'm alive....!

any mistakes..it was the drugs Anyway I'll go thru each you listed to clarify:

• Schematic shows mega328P.
I used this device package (element14 eagle libraries) as it's the only one I could get for TQFP32 for this device. I believe the pin out is the same as ATmega328. Thus it shows as 328P in my BOM. I've amended the schematic name to ATmega328.

This raises an issue with CAD drawings...who does the drawings for different PCB CADs? In this case Element14 has an agreement with many suppliers.

• DD6 - your footprint is SO14 while Grim's BOM shows SOIC14
I looked at datasheets prior to putting it down, yes it says S014 but drawing showed part number is "D" variant which is a SOIC14. Just to be sure, I just measured IC on PCB (using measure tools) and it was 9.6mm x 3.9mm body dimensions, so, it has to be a SOIC.

• DD9 has part number and value reversed
Not sure on this I removed part numbers from PCB as it was too crowded. I cannot see part number on board for DD9?

• DD10 and DD11 are both 78L06 in Grim's BOM. However, your BOM shows 78L06 and 7806A.
Yep that;s a typo. I chose a SOT 89 voltage reg and mis typed it when putting down the 2nd one. Fixed now.

• ZQ1 crystal, your Farnell part number is for 3.68MHz crystal, not 12MHz
Yep this is definitely wrong. I selected 49S standard small thru hole package from variants in parts but this listed it as a surface mount crystal in BOM. No idea how that happened, but it's only in BOM not on PCB or schematic. Just amend manually in BOM.

• DR3 - Grim has RLB0712-101KL which I found at RS part number 811-8796. Your BOM shows WE-TI-7447462010_5075, Element14 part number 1848262. Both are inductors and more-or-less the same. Any reason you changed this or am I missing something?
Ahhh you have me... I cheated as I couldn't get the correct package and I was too lazy to make my own so I found one close enough but forgot to amend any reference to the wurth package. Yes it shouyld be as on grims list, RLB0712-101K/
  • DR4-DR6 show resistor in the description but they are inductors
Ahh caught me cheating again. Couldn't find 0805 inductor package (in std Eagle library) so I used a 0805 resistor. It's confusing but suffice to say the PCB is ok but BOM is in mucked up. I'll fix this.
  • C11 = 1uf (Grim) or 0.1uF (you)
Yep my error, I've fixed it now.

• Missing are C22 + C25, C26 + C32 and C37 (aluminium capacitors). I was not sure of dimensions, they do not seem to be mentioned anywhere.

No idea how these escaped..here they are:
C22 , 100uF, 25V, CPOL-EUE2.5-6 , size: E2,5-6 , POLARIZED CAPACITOR, European symbol

C25, 100uF, 25V, CPOL-EUE2.5-6, size: E2,5-6, POLARIZED CAPACITOR, European symbol

C26, 220uF 10V, CPOL-EUE2.5-6, size: E2,5-6, POLARIZED CAPACITOR, European symbol

C32, 220uF, 25V, CPOL-EUE2.5-6, size: E2,5-6, POLARIZED CAPACITOR, European symbol

C37, 220uF, 10v, CPOL-EUE2.5-6, size: E2,5-6, POLARIZED CAPACITOR, European symbol

As you said, we are now starting to get closer and the more eyes that look at this then mistakes will be seen and fixed, thus confidence is high

As for the SIL packages...I've never ordered from ALiExpress or Taobao...found any thing I needed wither RS/Element14/Digikey/Mouser or dare I say Fleabay. Guess I've lived a sheltered life! if your brave enough...then go for it. If you need funds for parts purchases, pls let me know. As for element14...yes I've seen them put up prices. I suspect it from "search demands" . I've always been sus about this. In fact I was ordering "H" bridge drivers for Losmandy Gemini awhile back and the price went up double o'night. I needed them RS had none so I complained as I said the part was xx to fix for the user now it's ZZ. They dropped the price back and gave me discount. Worked for me!