View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 08:37 AM
GC - South Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki63au View Post
Howdy,

http://astroproservice.com/index.php...-standard-3-2/

I did use this system to modify my (damaged) CGEM-DX ... the servo-motor ha been busted... I did planed to use it with the Buyers Gear EQ mount I design.,,

So, the stepper-drive and EQMOD is great... was a bit of learning after the Celestron, but now it's great. Use PHD2 and works with CDC.

I'm still in Adelaide... pm if you want to see it

Ps: not sure if your Schafer has dual-axis drive or tangent arm?

Cheers,
Mick
G'day Mick

Long time no chat!

I did see your post about your CGEM, sorry to hear about that. I also read with interest with regards to your implementation of the EQ Drive solution. I have actually been looking at this, and OnStep for sometime to replace my giant PC size controller boxes for this mounts stepper system. It would be great to such a tiny box/controller that can be attached to the mount pier/tripod.

I appreciate the advice/pointers

In this instance I am also interested in getting the Argo Navis to communicate with my Orion StarSeek/Skyfi and then on to the iPad. Not sure what I am doing wrong with this setup and getting the connection right. I am starting to think it might be the cable from the serial port to the StarSeek.

I am going to see if I can get Stellarium on a PC to talk to it. I also have the Raspberry Pi3+ with Indi and StellarMate installed, might see if there is anyway to connect to that.

It's looks like it is going to be rainy and cloudy for sometime where I am at the moment, so plenty of time to play around with it.

In relation to the mount, yes it is a tangent arm. But, I also have a Byers gear and matching worm for the DEC. As usual, that's another project!

Take it easy.

Last edited by RB; 20-10-2018 at 10:56 AM. Reason: edited quote - profanity bypass deleted