View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019, 04:38 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have been thinking about its advantages for me particularly in the city where objects only appear for an hour....also I find it hard getting a good polar alignment if I need to take it in and out I cant use polemaster as I cant see the CSP..I can get close enough with a guess these days close enough to do short exposures.. If I was doing 30 sec captures..plus maybe an hour even add an hour from the following night conditions permitting and get an image that may just not be practically possible with an hour a night and you need five..for example.. .as with my current scopes. Up North I have the time but fast would mean more data in less time.
So it looks good to solve my problems if it delivers the dream.
I am thinking a rig with no guiding which may get by on the HEQ5 an great travelling set up.
I am getting back to not imaging in Sydney if I can keep up going North for a dark spell.
But I would have to get rid of the current scopes.. I couldnt... so they would sit and rot probably☺.
But its nice to have the wanties and come up with the reasons you must have whatever to make your world complete.
Bintel say none until July so plenty of time to think about the prospect.
I shudder to think what the filters would cost...must find out...and if my current set could be used at all..you may suffer but it may be tolerable...It could be pretty tollerable I expect the filters could be a shock.
Must look.
Guess $700 maybe more..have no idea..did a price get mentioned above? And changing filters would not worry me if via a draw as I sit out there..I am not into set it running and check in the morning types that is beyond my ability and desire ..change a filter even every 20 minutes would be ok with me...What I would like is the RASA the eight and the 80mm on one mount all with cameras that would enable me to merge the data from all three☺and a puppy.
Alex