View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 11:26 PM
Spartacus

Hi Tony,

Chris and I built one of these based on Rob Jones MyMotorFocuser. We 3D printed a nice bracket and motor enclosure to fit to the Esprit 120 focus assembly. I designed the 3D stuff using FreeCAD which I found much easier to use than TinkerCAD. If you are interested I can PM the .stl files. I think that the focuser on the Esprit 100 is the same. I will post some photos although I think that you have seen it at Astrofest and Maleny attached to his Esprit and Astrophysics 1100 mount.
I have also recently finished an all in one enclosure that includes a 3 channel thermostatically controlled dew controller (again a Rob Brown arduino design), the motor focuser with temp calibration, 4 X 12V DC outputs, a powered USB hub with 3 inputs, and an Odroid running Ubuntu which uses KStars EKOS to automate everything. After some frustrations with the astrometry, it's now all working well using offline astrometric plate solving and a home made polar alignment camera that makes polar alignment a breeze (use the SharpCap polar tool. I use an ethernet connection to a wifi extender to my home network or to a laptop in the field.
Happy to share any DIY ideas.
Mike