View Single Post
Old 13-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Nebulous (Chris)

I found it surprisingly difficult to either select or set up a shot to represent “Fun”. I have any number that would serve to indicate pleasure, satisfaction, enjoyment, etc but “fun” seems to suggest something a little more exuberant. Such as shots showing laughter. And when there’s fun and laughter around here I’m not likely to be behind a camera. And it’s not something that’s easy to pose either.

I’ve got some good pictures of friends racing dirt karts who are having a bucket load of fun, but when faces are hidden behind dirt encrusted helmets the shots could represent anything from fun to tension or aggression.

I can't take a picture of myself riding a motorbike or strumming guitar, and jokey pics involving whisky could be tacky... So I’ve taken a leaf from Al’s book (his splendid picture of the dogs on the beach) and picked something from the animal world.

We have a lot of resident creatures on our bush block and the galahs and the magpies in particular seem to enjoy startling the bandicoots when they’re foraging in the same areas. The bandicoots always react in a satisfying way by leaping in the air and then and running away. This galah appears to be enjoying the joke. (No Photoshopping involved - they’re great little jumpers).
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Bandicoot&Galah.jpg)
184.7 KB51 views