Thread: StarAid
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2019, 10:35 AM
beren

Had a preliminary run with the Staraid last night, no imaging just wanted to see how it works and interfaces with my mount. It was all easy and quick to set up with the App, have the mount connected and get the camera focused {through a ZWO 130mm FL mini guide scope}. Following the guide pointed the scope/mount at a patch of sky which was plate solved quickly and then adjusted the mount with the instructions/visual aids in the App. Once done {about 5 mins} I put in a 5mm illuminated eyepiece {800mm FL scope} and centered on a star, no RA/Dec drift after 15 mins, small amount of RA drift after 30 mins but no Dec movement. Tried the multi-star guiding, this was all automatic, with calibration etc, the App again has graphs to monitor. I usually
go by what a image sub looks like when it comes to judging guiding so I'm unfamiliar what the graphs and numbers the App was relaying but guiding seemed to be stable , will try with a imaging run tonight to see how it goes.
After finishing up I sent a email to the Staraid team with a few questions and had answers within a hour. At this stage the Staraid seems to work very well and easy to use, good news as well the team are developing more features and upgrades {ie;dithering}.