View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

You do that , as my C9.25 has never failed to impress on all objects it's an exceptional telescope easily besting a very expensive 130mm triplet APO every time and it mounts as easily as the 130 APO . ( I know this will ruffle a few feathers , but there is no substitute for aperture , as a C14 would easily beat my scope ) .

On that an AVX or HEQ5 would be perfect , I was just lucky to find a sweet CI700 mount 2nd hand here and it don't break a sweat holding the C9.25 .

On the size I have a good friend with the exact same scope but in the C8 format and the size and weight difference is really not that much , a bit longer but at a glance they are more alike than different and on deep sky that extra 1 1/4 inch is very noticable .

Planetary it is also better taking good magnifications on good nights , I regularly hit 400-500x on Mars , Saturn and Jupiter , great stuff when the atmosphere allows .

Last thing , don't worry about columation , its easy and a set of ' Bob;s Knobs ' is $20 well spent . See mine in the photo , they are the cat's whiskers for this .

Hope this helps .

Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borneogoat View Post
I'll keep my eye on the classifieds for a 9.25", but new they are quite a bit more expensive than an 8". I don't wanna go too big, otherwise cooling might deter quick spur of the moment sessions....
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (WP_20170427_17_43_41_Pro (2).jpg)
199.8 KB35 views

Last edited by brian nordstrom; 08-12-2017 at 06:53 PM.