View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 PM
hotspur (Chris)

re 10-22mm Lens

Thanks Troy,David and Humayan.

When I bought my 17-55 F2.8 it came with a CPF,It's made by Tokia and it still has old price tag $120,not sure if this is a good one.I have not used it much,but I thought long and hard about my glass purchases-I now have 4 lenses that are 77 mm,for the reason of interchangeable filters etc.Not that I use them a great deal.

I was unaware about other 'bits' Troy mentions for graduation filter,sounds like all up will be a hefty purchase,So will do more research and try and understand a bit more before purchasing such items,

I do like the approach Humayan has,i.e to do as much as possible 'in camera' that is my goal for doing such photography.

Mike,The lens was purchased from DWI in Hong-Kong,I ordered it last Thursday it was $716 plus postage and insurance etc,Total $772 to my door,arrived yesterday.At this price it was difficult not to buy,The price could go down even more,But When I first looked at buying 3 weeks ago was $734 plus postage.

If one is a crop body user this lens is the same as a 16-35 L on a Full frame,apparently the POTN engineers give this lens a big thumbs up,while the full crop version is the one,this rates very highly along side it.

Hope this helps.I do hope one year I get to use it on a wide field starry night scene here in S.E QLD

I do not say day any more,so bad is the current cloud outs

Cheers Chris